iPhone activation

• 5 February 2022
  • 3 odgovora
  • 543 pregleda

I recently purchase an A1 cell phone plan for my iPhone 13 but when I attempt to activate the account, I get a message which says the SIM card I have purchased is not supported and the current activation policy and my iPhone needs to unlocked by the carrier, which I assume means A1.  How do I go about getting A1 to unlock the phone?

Thanks

Pero357 prije 2 godine/godina

It probably means Verizon then…. local carriers don’t really put some locking on the sim cards against certain devices.

Perhaps this FAQ from Apple support might be of some use: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

It says: 

“You might see this message on your computer or on your iPhone: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."

If you see this message on your device with iOS 14, use these steps:

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap About.
  2. Under Carrier Lock, you should see a message that says "No SIM restrictions."  If you don't see that message, contact your carrier.”

They haven’t made any new response for iOS 15, so I guess it remains the same → is that the message you recieved? does it say “No SIM restrictions”?

For some elimination trouble shooting, if possible you could briefly test the sim card from A1 in another device, or some other local card in your phone (either from A1 or some other local carrier).

Hope it is of some help.

Pogledaj original

Odgovora 3

Razina korisnika 4
Bedž +3

Did you perhaps purchase that iphone frome some ISP? It used to be that mobile phones purchased at Croatian internet service providers were locked to that network, but that practice has been terminated in Croatia - did you get yours from an ISP in some other country, where they perhaps still have such practices? (just a guess)

Thanks Pero357. 

Yes I purchased the phone in the U.S.  from Verizon.  Verizon claims it is not locked.

Razina korisnika 4
Bedž +3

It probably means Verizon then…. local carriers don’t really put some locking on the sim cards against certain devices.

Perhaps this FAQ from Apple support might be of some use: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

It says: 

“You might see this message on your computer or on your iPhone: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."

If you see this message on your device with iOS 14, use these steps:

1. Go to Settings > General, and tap About.
  2. Under Carrier Lock, you should see a message that says "No SIM restrictions."  If you don't see that message, contact your carrier.”

They haven’t made any new response for iOS 15, so I guess it remains the same → is that the message you recieved? does it say “No SIM restrictions”?

For some elimination trouble shooting, if possible you could briefly test the sim card from A1 in another device, or some other local card in your phone (either from A1 or some other local carrier).

Hope it is of some help.

Odgovori